Friday, August 29, 2008

Old Faithful?? More like old and busted

After a restful evening in Jackson, WY, I took off to Yellowstone and first wanted to get Old Faithful out of the way. By the time I got there, plenty of people were already milling about.






Then finally the thing went into action and...well, I wasn't the least bit impressed. So many people were in awe of this thing but I just didn't see it. Anyway, here's a video of the spectacle. Judge for yourself. At a minimum they could've played some music. Perhaps "I'm Proud to be an American"...yeah, that's one of my favorites. (and notice no one in the video is speaking English...a theme of the trip as I've already touched on.)





The coolest part of the place was that there were springs everywhere. It kinda looked like a war zone on the moon with everything smoking and hissing and white and barren. Some of the springs were even boiling. Anyway, you get some interesting colors from all the minerals and such being expelled from the spring. Take this one for example...





You can see how clear the water is. And then this one was boiling and ran down into the river.











So that was my Old Faithful experience. Oh yeah, the whole place smelled like, well, it smelled bad.

Venture on, venture with a nose clip.

No comments: