Monday, August 25, 2008

Adios Utah

Well, I'm sitting here at the airport waiting to fly back to reality. I realized yesterday that I'm flying through Denver with the Democratic convention going on. That means I'm 2 for the last 2. See, 4 years ago I was in LA when the dem convention was at the Staples Center. Hopefully I'm not on some FBI list. I will do my best to represent the Reps. Maybe I'll wander the Denver airport screaming "I like Bush" or something of the like. (sorry, had to.)

Anyway, this trip has been incredible. I'm so thankful that I've been able to fulfill the manifest destiny urge. But in doing so, I've come across so many other things that I'd love to do. Maybe later.

On the drive from the grand canyon yesterday, I decided to make a quick detour and go through Zion NP. It was pretty cool but after coming from the grand canyon it was sort of a let down. So the official national park count was 7. Total miles driven was 2510. Total miles hiked was 40.2. Total number of French people that pissed me off - too many to count.

So long for now. It'll be nice to be in my own bed again. I'll be posting some real photos in the coming days. I'm glad I ended with the grand canyon. It was unbelievable. I actually caught the sunrise and since I'm not a poet, I'll simply say there aren't any words to describe the scene. Took a quick video as well just as the sun poked out. Whoa. Later.

Venture on, venture off.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: