Friday, August 22, 2008

Hike FAIL

Well, I had grand plans to do the hike down the canyon, around, and into the Upheaval crater. That is until I saw the damn trail. I actually made it down about 2/3 of the way but it was then the trail got crazy. Add to that it was 100 degrees (literally) and I made the tough decision to start back up. I'm glad I did because I got to spend more time at the top looking in. I hope this pic comes through well. Oh, and it said in the hike guide at the trailhead that the hike in and around the canyon was not recommended in the months of July and August. Yeah, thanks. Hike fail.

It's been such the difference in scenery from Yellowstone and the Tetons to the canyons (and heat) of southern Utah. Everywhere I look I want to take a picture.

Anyway, Canyonlands was awesome. Tomorrow I'm off to Bryce canyon. I'd also like to say that I saw the first cloud today on my entire trip. Not kidding.

Venture on, venture with adequate knowledge of proposed hikes.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: