Thursday, August 21, 2008

Can a brotha get an ACME rocket?

Spent the day in Arches and for what was supposed to be an easy day it absolutely kicked my butt. With the wall arch collapsing not too long ago (stupid gravity), anyone that wanted to see the double O arch had to take the long way around on what is called the "primitive" trail. It was pretty exhausting. Of course, I'm in perfect shape *cough*. The biggest problem was that most of the trail was like walking in sand on the beach. So anything uphill was brutal.

Anyway, I took this pic from the top of this rock (unsure of geological name) where I was the only person up there. It was cool because I could see the trail and all the others down below. Sort of a perch. I was in full sniper mode but at least I was able to get away from the bleeping French!

I don't want to get off on a rant here but the French and Italians were pissing me off something fierce. I don't have a problem with Germans primarily because they know how to make the two things that define the worth of a country, cars and beer. What do the french offer? Renault? Le car? And beer? More like wine, right? The Italians just suck because they never shower. What ever happened to when in Rome?
Anyway, I got to see most of Arches. Tomorrow I'm off to Canyonlands for another big hike into the Upheaval Dome. An old impact crater. But I'll only do it if I feel up for it.

That's all for now. My thumb hurts.

Venture on, pack a lunch (and for God's sake, take a shower)
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: