Monday, September 1, 2008

I see dead trees

So after my Old Faithful experience, I did some Yellowstone viewing. First, let me say that place is just huge. You don't realize how big it is just by looking at a map. It could take at least 45 minutes to get from one place to the other. Anyway, I decided to take a little hike to Fairy Falls. It was a pretty uneventful hike and a little over 5 miles round trip. Here's a cool pic of some geyser activity. Take notice of the cool steam colors and the dead white tree at the bottom.









Continuing on to the falls...it's hard to tell the scale but I estimate the falls to be about 140 feet high.





Not much else to report on the day but here's a pic of the tent all set up and ready to go. Once again, thanks to Wheeler for the loaner. I slept great that night and plus, it got down to around 37 so the next morning it was a bit chilly (to say the least and a welcomed change).






Finally, the sun setting over the ridge.







At this point early on in the trip, I found it difficult to be completely by myself. Everywhere you go, there's people. I mean, just when you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, you see 10 people already there. Oh well, I was sightseeing after all. What else could I expect?

(I've been back a week now but I promise to post more often. After all, we're only through day 2.)

Venture on, venture with a great night's sleep.

No comments: