Thursday, June 24, 2010

What 19 verses will get ya

Saw possibly one if the coolest things tonight I've seen in a while.
As I was checking out some traditional Irish music in this very
crowded pub, all of a sudden all the bartenders started shushing
everyone. I start to look around like I don't know what's going on
(because I didn't). Anyway, all of a sudden this rather burly fella at
the corner of the bar (and right in front of me) starts singing. And I
mean singing...like bellowing this old Irish love song to his
(apparently) wife. No one moved. No one spoke. No one ordered a drink.
No one came in or left. It seemed that no one even breathed.

Now, there's no way I was forward enough to record this so therefor I
don't remember the tune but I think you understand. Just had to share
a rare experience for me but what is apparently a common occurence at
this bar.

Galway = fun town.

Sent from myPhone

No comments: