Saturday, June 26, 2010

"Not even for 5?"

At this point of the trip, I think I should comment on the Irish command of a certain 4 letter curse word.  It cracks me up to hear it in virtually every sentence (and in every manner of the word).  It's nice to use it 3 times in a 5 word sentence (I suggest you try it).  Their favorite is "for sake."  I'll let you fill it in but add in the accent and it's glorious.   

Last night walking home from the pub with a few folks from my group, we got into a "discussion" with some local kids (probably in the their 20's) about being from the States.  My recollection of the conversation was that while they love everything American (they really do), they still make fun of us as if we don't know anything.  And that's fine I guess.  I would probably make fun of them in Vegas or something. 

Tonight, we're off to a dinner cruise and will watch the US match that's coming up here in about an hour.  This particular cruise made preparations for us to have a TV on board so we can watch.  Before leaving Dublin, I bought a US flag (€5.99 btw) so that will certainly be on display this evening.  Let's all hope for a US win...we need it. 

So tomorrow will be the travel day from hell.  We have to leave Galway at about 5:30 a.m. and travel to Dublin to catch our flight.  From there it's 9 or so hours to Atlanta then on to good ol' Greensboro arriving around 5:30 p.m. (but taking into consideration the 5 hour time difference).  It's going to be a long day.  I'm sort of ready to get home.  It's been a long and deliberate trip where we were always doing something.  My first real sit and do nothing day was today and it was fun to just either walk around or sit and read my book. 

When I get back, I'll be sure to post some pics as I really don't feel up to it at this point. 

Been green, now ready for some serious red, white, and blue.   

No comments: