Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Clarification of previous post

Okay, so maybe you didn't get the hostage joke. Well, that's because some of the words didn't make it through because I used the greater than/less than symbols and they are meant to include...hell, I don't know what they're supposed to do. All I do know is that it didn't work. Here's the joke in its original form:

They are *blink* treating me *blink blink* very well *blink*.

I don't know, it was funny when I thought of it.

Anyway, I had just one addition thought this morning as I sit here in the Gilbarco plant in Pinggu, China freezing my butt off (no heat) so here it is:

There is apparently no such thing as jaywalking in this country. Sure, there are signs for the crosswalk just like we have (walk/don't walk) but they must not translate. They seem to mean, "Go ahead. Walk if you want to. That bus may or may not stop for you." I'm trying to find the translation for "Hey, I'm walking here!"

Just an observation. Later.

No comments: